04. Street Fighting Man
05. Sympathy For The Devil
06. interview 1
07. interview 2
08. interview 3
09. interview 4
10. interview 5
11. interview 6

Here is yet another version of the Stones' first concert with Mick Taylor, recorded in London's Hyde Park on July 5, 1969, bootlegged many times over. This is an upgrade, using sources which are not widely available, and is the most complete version available. In order of appearance, it uses 1) audience recording from "Hyde Park July 1969" LP on Contraband Music label, 2) soundboard recording from 1979 FM broadcast by WLIR-FM, Long Island, NY, 3) Granada TV special, and 4) audience recording from "In the Park" on Scorpio/Gold Standard. Not used: previous releases by Swingin' Pig, VGP, or SODD, which are all inferior to source 2) which is used wherever possible.

CD1 uses source 1) as a starting point as it's almost complete. It is the worst recording by far but Mick's voice is very clear so it's fine for dialogue. The music and dialogue are replaced wherever possible by the other 3 sources. Source 1) ends with CD1 so CD2 is pieced together from the best of the others. Source 3) is used as the pitch/speed reference and the other sources are pitch corrected to match it. This runs slower than previous versions. I believe it is correct.

Code: Select all

https://we.tl/t-Dbg1BYChbl

Return to “THE ROLLING STONES - LIVE”