Robert's Amazing Floyd Catalogue

merday

Robert's Amazing Floyd Catalogue

Post by merday » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Just a quick note to thank Robert for his comprehensive, perfectly organized Pink Floyd catalogue. As a member of Yeeshkull! I've enjoyed reading the (sometimes hilarious) threads and comments, which are full of superb information (as all dedicated band sites usually are). The trouble is the amount of Hi-Res (24/96), edits, merges, raw tapes, remasters, different sources, rips plus all of the variations are immensely confusing (and were even back in the 1970s when I started collecting bootleg Floyd). Now, thanks to PR, all of these items have been vetted (checked for content and quality) by professional ears and organized, made available for CD, and recommended for quality and content. No longer do you need to convert hi-res to CD quality (via r8brain or other freeware) and muddle through endless variations on each source. Also, YouTube frequently has many of these titles on the site so you can check them out for quality.
A great service from Robert, and most assuredly a HUGE amount of work over and above the time required to digitize and share his immense catalogue.

admin

Re: Robert's Amazing Floyd Catalogue

Post by admin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:54 pm

Thank you very much, this means a world to me, coming from someone, unlike myself, who IS in the Pink Floyd circles for a long time. I was well aware of the task and that probably I am not the worthy one with my pathetic knowledge on Floyd, but I spent (and still spend) hundreds of hours listening (and listening), all the time comparing, changing the speakers, headphones, frequency analyzers, so I could stand behind my choices: why this version and not that and that one. This was never meant for hard-core fans who would find zillion sacrileges in my way of handling this, but I wanted to make the most complete definite collection, first for myself, than for everyone who is not obsessed with terms "raw" "master" 192kHz or whatever, but wanted to have a listen to a concert he/she missed, not to bother himself/herself with some vague terms.
Again, your words brightened up my day. Thank you!

Robert

drgeff

Post by drgeff » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:05 am

ditto!

frank3si

Post by frank3si » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:07 pm

I am just about to start delving into the Pink Floyd material - what a fantastic collection of material. Thank you!

Return to “General discussion”