Drive almost full errors with 400gb available??

cdrtrade

Drive almost full errors with 400gb available??

Post by cdrtrade » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:33 pm

I've been using the free Mega cloud to download these files. Copying and pasting one link at a time. Spent a good part of the day setting these up for an overnight run. I got about 10% of the way through and I keep getting errors saying the drive is almost full. It's not almost full. It's not even close to almost full. The drive is 75% empty!! Can some explain the best way to download these things? I tried Jdownloader, but that screwed up my computer with malware!! I've been sharing music since 1975. As much as I appreciate these files being available, I've never had so many problems with a system as I've had with this.

Henning2804

Re: Drive almost full errors with 400gb available??

Post by Henning2804 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:48 pm

I have for several months had exactly the same problem with Chrome, and have started to use either Jdownloader or internet explorer for MEGA downloads.

cdrtrade

Post by cdrtrade » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:36 am

I've used Jdownloader in the past with no problem. When I put it on the new computer a few months back specifically for this I started having a lot of malware issues, so I'm hesitant to use it again.

invisible235

Post by invisible235 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:00 am

cdrtrade wrote:I started having a lot of malware issues, so I'm hesitant to use it again.
What kind of "issue", something real or just some "protection" software shouting warnings?

JDownloader is based on Java, which is a security risk when triggered from plugins in your browser (because they load unknown executable code all of the time) but nothing dangerous when used for an application on your harddisk - which is able and allowed to do *exactly* the same stuff as any other application on your disk.

However, most of the protection software doesn't make any difference and (depending on the settings) shouts warnings like "JDownloader tries to read this file" (of course it does, it is one of its own) and "JDownloader tries to write that file" (sure, that's actually the purpose of it in the first place) and "JDownloader tries to connect to the internet" (now that's scary... a download manager that tries to access the internet). ;)

If you read the JDownloader boards you will find tons of bogus warnings like this, and not a single report that anything got really abused ever in the real world...

However, if you really got something dangerous installed on your computer, you should actually report it to the JDownloader developers, because it would mean that one of their install downloads might have been hi-jacked or manipulated - which they (and all of their users) need to know as soon as possible.

Return to “General discussion”