THE BEATLES - Tuned To A Natural E

admin

THE BEATLES - Tuned To A Natural E

Post by admin » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:21 pm

The complete "Tuned To A Natural E" collection as at 2009.
A collection of remixed, reworked, re-imagined and re-invented Beatle songs.
Much like the Martins did for the "Love" show, these tracks were all created from the original Beatle recordings (official and booted) by members of the Beatles Remixers Group, although, this project launched in 2003 sometime before Love was brought to the stage.
These mixes are simply flights of fancy, lovingly assembled by a small group of fans who respect the work of The Beatles and George Martin.
This set comes in a nicely produced box containing SEVEN remixed cds plus TWO dvds. The seven c.d.'s are actually SIX volumes of releases, the sixth originally being a "double c.d." of remixes and mashups.

The first dvd is entitled "Together For Love 2007" and features all the newsreel footage surrounding the launch of the Love show including the
Larry King Live feature, interviews with Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia, rehearsals for the show, An Electronic Press Kit and some other Love-based
TV specials from around the world.

The second dvd is entitled "The Beatles Explosion" and is a documentary chronicling the band's rise to fame (eg, old clips)

01 Tuned To A Natural E
A short mix of one line from Baby You're A Rich Man and one word from Act Naturally

02 There's A Place
This track combines one rehearsal take (both backing and vocals) with vocals from another rehearsal take.

03 Drive My What You're Doing Car
Drive My Car and What You're Doing interlaced.

04 HELP!
Help vocals over a Mariachi latin rythym.
The Beatle vocals are from the 2009 remaster, the instrumentation is from "The Beatles Mariachillout Vol.1"

05 Crazy Girl Mono
Guitar parts mixed in a different order. The first three "Girl" choruses are taken from "Run For Your Life", the fourth from "Boys". The "tit tit" part was pitch adjusted to fit.

06 You've Got To Hide Your Love Away Stereo
A guitar loop from Two Of Us, then a drum loop from Sgt. Pepper'ssome indian samples, plus John's vocal.

07 Fixing To Get Better Stereo
Getting Better and Fixing A Hole interlaced.
Some very clever bits, but some repetitive ideas that don't quite work in-between.

08 12-Bar Un-Original Stereo
Take 2 of 12-Bar Original with some sampled vocals and other assorted sounds.

09 Carnival Of Lights Stereo
A Revolution No.9 pastiche as if McCartney had done his own version. Includes snippets of McCartney music and chat from such pieces as, "A Leaf", Good King Wenceslas", "Pure Trance", "Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest", "Yesterday", "Lovers In A Dream", "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da", "My Carnival", "Hold Me Tight", "Interlude (Lament)", "Sexual Ealing", "When I'm 64", "Can You Take Me Back" ... plus others.

10 Eleanor Rigby
Vocal over pan pipes version. Beatle vocal over Argentinean version by the group "La Fragua"

11 Tomorrow Never Knoise Stereo
Background loops were an attempt to loop and remove the tamboura drone from the centre channel. Different, but not repeatable.

12 For No One In My Life
In My Life and For No One mixed together.

13 Blue Jay Way
Strange stripped down version with heavily Indian verses (backing by Lord Sitar), then a faster, almost Chiffons sounding beat in the chorus !
Dialogue at the end is George commenting on Lord Sitar extracted from "The Little Girl Tapes"

14 Revolution 1 - Ultimate Mix
Started with the "Take Your Knickers Off" mix, then synced with the overdubs from the left and right channels of the released version. Next, "Revolution
ensuring John's ad-libs in it were matched to the same ad-libs in the "Knickers" version.

15 Pepperland Time
Paul's Return To Pepperland mixed with John's Clean-Up Time and some Submarine samples.

16 Here Comes The Sun
This version includes the forgotten solo isolated from the Living In The Material World DVD The strings were also brought up in the mix slightly.

17 Wah Wah Instrumental.
This mix used tracks from "The Making of All Things Must Pass", synced with an OOPSed isolated channel from the issued version.

18 Nowhere To Go
An attempt to make a full song out of the "Nowhere to go" portion of "You Never Give Me Your Money". The bells served as a starting point and were used in the reprise thus avoiding the guitar ending.

19 Gone Are Tomorrow's Days
Extended start of Ringo's "Gone Are The Days", combined with drum beats from Tomorrow Never Knows and some of the drone. Mixed in is a blues song that Ringo performed off the cuff on the "Liverpool 8" EPK.

20 Lennon Recollections
Tomorrow Never Knows backing from "Lennon Diary", with classic Lennon quotes. Then original Tomorrow Never Knows with many many samples, some backwards for a couple of minutes. Next, many Lennon extracts and musical samples from all over his career.

21 Real Love
Almost an early mix of the recent remix. Created from Purple Chick's "Meet The Threetles" track, some OOPSing, some volume balancing and speed correction.

22 She's Leaving Yesterday Stereo
The strings backing had to be pitch-matched to the vocals, then the vocals were edited in phrase by phrase, sometimes stretched to fill gaps. The
Sgt. Pepper guitar solo was a bit of lunacy born of necessity, as chorus. Just sounds a bit too forced to work - but it does.

23 Tax My Car Mono
Album openers "Taxman" and "Drive My Car" are both mid-tempo rockers in the key of D, and they are strikingly similar in style. Putting them together required some tempo adjustment and a bit of editing. Adding in the cowbell loop through the non-vocal parts gave the track continuity.

24 Pity Jude Stereo
Isn't It A Pity and Hey Jude sync'd together.

25 The End (Megamix) Stereo

Code: Select all

https://go.wetransfer.com/t-wQiLIxjCiU

Return to “THE BEATLES - LIVE & SESSIONS”