THE BEATLES - A Doll's House

admin

THE BEATLES - A Doll's House

Post by admin » Wed May 10, 2023 9:07 am

(Soniclovenoize White Album single-LP reconstruction)

1. Revolution 19
2. Honey Pie
3. Not Guilty
4. Donít Pass Me By
5. Why Don't We Do It In The Road?
6. Helter Skelter
7. Wild Honey Pie
8. What's The New Mary Jane
9. Can You Take Me Back
10. Goodnight

After spending several months under the tutelage of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in early 1968, The Beatles emerged from Rishikesh, India with nearly 40 new compositions. Uninterested in filtering only the best material The Beatles choose to record almost all of the material they had written, collecting it all onto the band's first double album set. Furthermore, although the songs had all predominantly been written on acoustic guitars in the Indian wilderness, each song's arrangement was pushed as far as possible into drastically different genresófrom electric blues to ska, from sound collage to western balladry, from ragtime to proto-metal.

The resulting self-titled album, dubbed The White Album due to its entirely white cover, has been a controversial release. With 30 songs of varying quality, many feel the album could be drastically improved by pairing it down to one disc. Not only could one reduce the album to the best songs, but one could also sonically unify the album to sound more cohesive. I believe my reconstruction solves all of these problems and is the quintessential single-disc White Album, what The Beatles probably should have originally released in 1968.

The resulting album becomes one of The Beatles most forward-thinking albums. A Doll's House pushes boundaries, invented numerous musical genres and is generally ahead of its time while still remaining an enthralling yet challenging listen. A revolution indeed!

Sources used:
Anthology 3 (1996 CD)
The Beatles (2009 Remaster)
The Beatles (2018 Deluxe Edition)
White Out (2015 bootleg, Ass Blaster Records)

Code: Select all

https://we.tl/t-OONdIoHpCl

Return to “THE BEATLES - SESSIONS”