THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE - Are You Experienced? - French Barclay mono vinyl

admin

THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE - Are You Experienced? - French Barclay mono vinyl

Post by admin » Thu May 25, 2023 5:46 pm

The best sounding UK mono version transferred, restorated and mastered by Professor Stoned

1. Foxy Lady
2. Manic Depression
3. Red House
4. Can You See Me
5. Love or Confusion
6. I Don't Live Today
7. May This Be Love
8. Fire
9. Third Stone From the Sun
10. Remember
11. Are You Experienced?

All of these mixes are officially unavailable on CD except tracks 3 & 10.

Professor Stoned:
"Listen to this and hear how the album sounded before it was compressed
to hell and stripped off of all its high-end during the original LP mastering.
I'm proud to present you -what I believe is- the best sounding mono version of this album that you have probably heard so far.
I picked up a French 1970 re-issue of AYE recently (with a picture of Hendrix at the Isle of Wight), aware that Barclay had been using the mono mix for this release. Unlike what I expected, it didn't sound like the crummy & dark recording that I had heard on various needle drops from the UK Track LP (or worse: the UK Track mono 'Smash hits' LP that I once had).
It sounded a lot closer in fidelity to the best sounding CD issues of the stereo mix. So I did an A/B with a flatly mastered 24/96 UK Track needledrop and my suspicions were confirmed; the UK Track LP had practically all of its high-end stripped off. Basically, it was mastered to sound like AM radio but then with huge bass. The Barclay revealed a previously unheard brilliance and snap in the higher frequency regions, a far more natural soundstage. There can be no doubt that this is a lot closer to what Chas Chandler, Hendrix & Eddie Kramer heard in the studio while mixing the album.
So far 'Experience Hendrix' has failed to re-release the mono mix of this album in any format."

Code: Select all

https://we.tl/t-fTHgKiogdQ

Return to “JIMI HENDRIX”