THE BYRDS - Original Singles A's & B's 1965-1971

admin

THE BYRDS - Original Singles A's & B's 1965-1971

Post by admin » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:29 am

Essential hard-to-find overpriced Japanese compilation

CD 1:
1. Mr. Tambourine Man (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
2. I Knew I'd Want You (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
3. All I Really Want To Do (Mono 45 version with different vocal and lyrics)
4. I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
5. Chimes Of Freedom (Regular mono LP mix. A single in Japan or an aborted 45?)
6. The Bells Of Rhymney (Regular mono LP mix. A single in Japan or an aborted 45?)
7. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (Dry mono mix of this outtake. The most infamous "Byrds single that never was")
8. She Don't Care About Time (Version 1) (Earlier, mono outtake rendition recorded as a few Beatles .watched. Would've been been the 'B' side of It's All Over Now, Baby Blue)
9. The Times They Are A-Changin' (Version 1) (Mono alternate rendition with out of tune 12-string Rickenbacker guitar which was planned as a single but discarded)
10. Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is a Season) (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
11. She Don't Care About Time (Version 2) (Regular mono 45 mix. Superior 2nd rendition released as a non LP 'B' side to The Times They Are A-Changin')
12. Set You Free This Time (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
13. It Won't Be Wrong (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
14. He Was A Friend Of Mine (Regular mono LP mix. A planned single or 'B' side to Set You Free This Time in other countries?)
15. Eight Miles High (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
16. Why (Regular mono 45 mix. Different version and lower key than the LP)
17. 5D (Fifth Dimension) (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
18. Captain Soul (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
19. Mr. Spaceman (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
20. What's Happening?!?! (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
21. I Know My Rider (I Know You Rider) (Mono mix of the unreleased tune, originally planned as a single but aborted)
22. Psychodrama City (Mono mix of the unreleased tune, originally planned as 'B' side of I Know My Rider)
23. So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
24. Everybody's Been Burned (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
25. It Happens Each Day (Outtake from "Younger Than Yesterday" which was not finished until 1987 and was never intended to be a 45.)
26. My Back Pages (Edited mono 45 version. Verse two has been deleted. First time on CD)
27. Renaissance Fair (Regular mono 45/LP mix)

CD 2:
1. Have You Seen Her Face (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
2. Don't Make Waves (Regular mono 45 mix. The original, correct single mix)
3. Lady Friend (Regular mono 45 mix.)
4. Old John Robertson (Regular mono 45/LP mix which features different effects).
5. Goin' Back (Regular mono 45 and/or LP mix., different vocals, first time on CD)
6. Change Is Now (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
7. You Ain't Going Nowhere (Mono 45 mix. Features more reverb on vocals and a longer fade. First time on CD)
8. Artificial Energy (Regular mono 45/LP mix)
9. I Am A Pilgrim (Mono 45 mix which is a fold down. First time on CD)
10. Pretty Boy Floyd (Mono 45 mix which is a fold down. First time on CD)
11. Bad Night At The Whiskey (Dedicated mono mix. First time on CD)
12. Drug Store Truck Drivin' Man (Dedicated mono mix with shorter fade. First time on CD)
13. Lay Lady Lay (Regular mono 45 mix with gospel choir added by Bob Johnston without knowledge of the Byrds. First time on CD)
14. Old Blue (Dedicated mono mix. First time on CD)
15. Ballad Of Easy Rider (First issue original shorter-length mono 45 mix. First time on CD)
16. Oil In My Lamp (Dedicated mono mix. First time on CD)
17. Wasn't Born To Follow (Regular mono 45/LP mix. Intro fades in and guitar solo features different effects. The 'B side of the second issue single of "Ballad Of Easy Rider")
18. Jesus Is Just Alright (Dedicated mono mix. First time on CD)
19. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (Dedicated mono mix. First time on CD)
20. Chestnut Mare (Severely edited and sped-up mono AM radio promo 45 version edited after the second verse which deletes 2 1/2 minutes. First time on CD)
21. Just A Season (Sped up mono promo 45 mix. First time on CD)
22. Glory, Glory (Edited mono mix from promo 45. First time on CD)
23. Citizen Kane (Regular stereo LP mix)
24. America's Great National Pastime (Censored mono promo 45 mix. First time on CD)
25. Farther Along (Regular stereo LP mix)

Code: Select all

https://we.tl/t-Jz4DfOi6kB

Return to “THE BYRDS”