5. Mary Sue
6. Love Deluxe
7. I Need To Fly
8. After The Storm
9. Mary Sue
10. Sleep Will Return
11. Somewhere After Midnight
12. No Memories Hanging Around

"CRY" (Clark, Robinson, York) is a band that was formed in 1985, about 20 songs were written and recorded in the mid-80's by the members of CRY along with Nicky Hopkins and various other studio players in order to produce an album provisionally named Dangerous Games! The group fragmented after the death of Gene Clark in 1991, and the recorded material sat dormant until 1998 when talk about reforming the band began with John York, Pat Robinson, Carla Olson and Saul Davis Management. It was decided that Carla Olson would replace Gene Clark as the "C" of CRY and the new group would re-record the original material, for release in 1999, but it all fell apart.
Over the past couple of years, a number of CD releases wrongly credited to The Byrds appeared, mainly in Germany & Austria, which although obviously not by The Byrds, contained some interesting material, and even if the legality of these releases were out of the question, all were freely available in record stores in the above countries.The versions presented on these CDs are not as originally recorded but have been overdubbed with new backing tracks, presumably by Pat Robinson, although the original vocal tracks and music arrangements were used.†
In order to clear this mess I gathered all original CRY material that I collected in the last decade, cleared all the tracks where Gene Clark was not present for sure and made this 2CD set.

PR

Code: Select all

CRYSessionsFront.jpg

Return to “THE BYRDS”