6. A Song For Jeffrey

Ian Anderson - flute, vocals; Martin Barre - guitar;
Glenn Cornick - bass; Clive Bunker - drums

Code: Select all

https://we.tl/t-f8onVlCuOD

Mahavishnu Floyd

Re: JETHRO TULL - Stockholm 1969 - Both Shows

Post by Mahavishnu Floyd » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:18 am

As always, I greatly appreciate the posts made available by Pink Robert. His generosity in sharing his magnificent collection is unsurpassed. I would be remiss if I didn't point out that there is likely a better sounding and more complete version of the January 14th show readily available at another popular website.

To my ears, the January 9 show provided by PR sounds great, with very low distortion and well balanced. It's an incredible gem. Unfortunately, the 2nd CD (dating from January 14, judging by the pic of the tape reel box) does not sound nearly as good, being poorly mixed and distorted. I compared the first track ("My Sunday Feeling") from PR's master reel sourced 2nd CD to the purportedly low gen version from _______ , which is referred to as the late show from January 9, 1969, and which has somewhat better sound to my ears, plus it has the track omitted from PR's posting (‘To Be Sad is a Mad Way to Be’), which is shown on the tape reel box. I double checked and the version of this song on PR's 1st CD is different than the one made available on the other website.

I'm not sure if I should post the name of other websites, so the blank is where I censored myself (PR is not responsible for the deletion)..

Return to “JETHRO TULL”