BOB DYLAN - Still Dreaming

admin

BOB DYLAN - Still Dreaming

Post by admin » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:45 am

Acoustic Recordings ­1975
A CS production, May 2015

1. Tangled Up In Blue ­​Live ­ Toronto ­ December 2, 1975
2. With God On Our Side ­​Live ­ Providence ­ November 4, 1975 (Early)
3. I Don’t Believe You​­ Live ­ Bangor ­ November 27, 1975
4. Simple Twist Of Fate ­​Live ­ New York City ­ December 8, 1975
5. Mr. Tambourine Man ­​Live ­ Toronto ­ December 2, 1975
6. Fourth Time Around ­​Live ­ Augusta ­ November 26, 1975
7. Love Minus Zero/No Limit ­​Live ­ Toronto ­ December 1, 1975
8. It’s Alright Ma ­​Live ­ Providence ­ November 4, 1975 (Late)
9. It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue ­​Live ­ Toronto ­ December 1, 1975

This set of recordings is fairly interesting, if a bit short. Bob Dylan performed at least one acoustic song per night on his 1975 Rolling Thunder Revue tour, and as many as three. This was a brief interlude of sorts between another performer’s act and his second electric set, but was met with significant warmth by the audiences. Just listen to the start of Mr. Tambourine Man, included in this collection, for evidence of the crowd’s appreciation.
Unfortunately, unlike the surprisingly varied selection of acoustic songs in the following year, only nine separate songs are known to have been performed in 1975. One version of each is included here. Generally, sound quality is not as great as the electric sets. I find this a bit shocking, since typically the reverse is true (refer to the 1966 tapes for comparison). In some cases, the entire tape is problematic, like Augusta, but in others, the acoustic songs are inexplicably less distinct than electric tracks from the same night; December 2 is a characteristic example. I altered harmonica levels, re­EQ’d tracks, added some reverb and performed some very minor noise reduction to eliminate some distortion on the November 27 and December 1 & 2 recordings. On the performance from November 4 (Early), a splice was necessary to eliminate feedback.
Happily, some tracks here are crystal clear. “With God On Our Side,” “Simple Twist of Fate,” and “It’s Alright Ma” are beautiful recordings, and little work has been done to them. I worked on the remainder of the tracks to make them a bit clearer. You can compare the edits and the originals to judge for yourself, but I am reasonably proud of the results.

In short, this compilation should serve as a convenient way to assemble the acoustic performances of the year in one place. It also acts as a nice extension of the full ​Rolling Thunder exhibition, U​nknown Country. ​If you haven’t sought that one out, do so as soon as possible.

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/#!fQAU1CgC!1qf-Y9DEyG5WpMwlxicPRytNcg_bWxJOskZ2oOBXQKc
https://mega.nz/#!zUxSzR4Y!5r71kKBhvpNQ1eT82mXwHTUPD3BKFvFwwtYaXfh6D_E
https://mega.nz/#!jFAUzTAS!mecBihQmfB63Re7Dj4aPFsLm2_KYQRTdYFy0XAW5pQw

catweazle

Re: BOB DYLAN - Still Dreaming

Post by catweazle » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:40 pm

thanks robert

Return to “BOB DYLAN - 1975-1976”